Happy Medium is a company comprised of creators, innovators, artists, storytellers, makers and leaders. While operating as a full-service interactive marketing firm, it also thrives on the development of its own cutting-edge products and technology. We implement the same strategies for our clients that we do for ourselves. Happy Medium has had repeat appearances on the Inc. 5000 list, awarded to the fastest-growing companies in the United States. It has also been awarded Best Workplace for Young Professionals by the Greater Des Moines Partnership, Business with a Bright Future by the Business Record, Best Social Media Company and much more. Company culture is a priority to the agency which is demonstrated in the unique benefits, competitive pay and founding principles: Curiosity, Happiness, Integrity and Teamwork.
Happy Medium proudly supports an inclusive employee environment. We know that our clients are best supported when our teammates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion or ability, are equally supported. We believe in opportunities for all.
Happy Medium is seeking an Account Director to manage, develop, and grow strong client relationships. The Account Director will report to the Director of Client Experience. The Account Director is critical to the success of our clients’ work with Happy Medium and is more than just an “account manager” and is expected to contribute to developing top-notch work for our clients. We expect the person in this role to have an entrepreneurial mindset.
Daily contact with clients is a key part of the job, so offering new and forward-thinking ideas is essential. The Account Director will be expected to generate new ideas for clients and pitch them regularly. A confident and positive attitude is necessary to promote the agency’s ideas and benefits.
Happy Medium is a fast-paced environment that is both demanding and fulfilling. The Account Director is depended upon to give projects direction, inspire the team to produce great work and maintain a clear strategy to achieve the very best outcome for the client.
The responsibilities of the Account Director include, but are not limited to:
- The day-to-day project management of clients’ marketing and advertising campaigns including daily communication with clients of all sizes, generating accurate status notifications, organizing client feedback and coordinating projects with the Happy Medium team
- Effectively manage client expectations, ensure deadlines are met, manage client feedback appropriately and manage crises in a professional and efficient manner, including elevating issues to management when necessary
- Manage multiple client project timelines – providing clear and effective communication to multiple internal Happy Medium teams in order to execute client work.
- Manage multiple clients’ budgets on a campaign, monthly or annual basis, negotiate and execute statements of work, and conduct regular and accurate client billing
- Proactive leadership that encourages the Happy Medium team to perform to the best of their ability
- Participate in project reviews, post-mortems, ensure work is summarized and celebrated throughout Happy Medium and develop case studies for completed projects.
- This position will also have an Account Coordinator report to and support them with day to day internal project management needs
- Regularly generating and pitching strategic work to clients to help them achieve their goals and increase Happy Medium revenue
- Participate in the development of new business through identification and pursuit of additional opportunities for existing clients.
- 5 years of advertising, marketing, digital or web client management
- Candidates should have a solid understanding of the marketing and advertising industry with the ability to explain the benefits of Happy Medium’s services to clients
- Ability to understand multiple client’s businesses and be able to discuss knowledgeably with the client
- Ability to plan and strategize for clients and Happy Medium, at a senior level
- Understanding of project and account management, client profitability, statements of work and client budgeting
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to partner successfully and collaboratively in a highly creative and passionate environment and maintain positive work relationships
- Ability to effectively lead a team and inspire great work in other people
- Self-motivated with an adaptable attitude, with a high sense of accountability, is detail-oriented and very organized
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions in a timely manner, ability to manage unhappy clients and rectify the situation
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competitive pay
- Graduated PTO policy
- Paid holidays
- Health Insurance Plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Free onsite parking
- 100% paid parental leave (including mothers, fathers and adoptive parents)
- Medical flexible spending plan & dependent care plan